LYC 0.30% $6.76 lynas rare earths limited

Positive Comments from Yeo!, page-12

1. 27,264 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4672
    So, the Committee will select a Chairperson and presumable the first order of business will be to review their Terms of Reference. It will be interesting to see if these are revealed publically, I would hope so. It may confirm whether closure of LAMP is even on the table. If it specifically rules that out, the SP may well see a relief rally.
    On the negative side, it may confirm if the tax holiday is on the table - I assume they will investigate all dealings with the previous (presumed corrupt) government, however, the committee members appear on face value to have no political affiliation, so should not see political point scoring as part of their remit. Now we know it takes two to tango and however corrupt any Malaysian official may or may not be, LYC are an ASX entity subject to Australian Law and I don’t expect there is a single institutional or retail shareholder who is concerned LYC engaged in mal practice or they simply wouldn’t have invested. So LYC have nothing to fear from such a line of enquiry, but the uncertainty could still be damaging for the remainder of the 6 weeks.
    What the Committee will obviously review is all aspects of environmental safety. They won’t find anything new that Malaysian Regulatory bodies haven’t already approved or that Science and Mankind in general doesn’t already know. But honestly, if they do come up with anything at all that will strengthen current regulations even to the point of completely over the top, so what? Lynas just comply and move on. More red tape, additional costs and waste of time, effort and manpower no doubt, but no big deal. At the end of the day, nobody at Lynas wants anything other than a 100% safety record. If that’s what it takes to pacify a new government determined to do things differently than the last, so be it. They were democratically elected, it’s their prerogative. We all know LAMP is safe and that Lynas have complied with every regulatory measure to date, a few more won’t hurt us. However, the Government is only one branch of the Executive. Malaysia has a British constitutional system like Australia. The Courts uphold the constitution and if the Government oversteps the mark, Lynas have an avenue of appeal within the legal system that will protect them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.76
Change
0.020(0.30%)
Mkt cap ! $6.318B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.70 $6.82 $6.68 $12.37M 1.829M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4000 $6.75

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.78 7217 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.