CUV 0.33% $15.00 clinuvel pharmaceuticals limited

positive news, page-5

1. 648 Posts.
    someoneelse,

I see where you are coming from. I was surprised that the SU results came out before the expected PLE interims and PDT Phase II results.

The SU Phase II results were not even mentioned as imminent until Wolgen said last month they would be forthcoming shortly in the announcement about the EMEA granting orphan status for SU. But if you go back to prior market reports and newsletters, it was the PDT trial and the PLE trial results that were mentioned as coming by the end of the 2nd quarter (end of June) and the SU trial results were not even listed as forthcoming.

I am excited about the SU results, and I am not taking anything away from the significance of that. But like you, I have found it odd that the other 2 trials have not been reported yet and the SU trial results are reported before them.

The company did not come out with its June newsletter, and it is long, long overdue for its US safety trial and for the opening of the NJ office.

My sixth sense has told me over the past month that management could be (emphasis “could be”) in a process of re-evaluating a particular part of its strategy. It could be that the PLE results are not expected to go as well as was hoped for and they are now in the process of driving ahead with the two orphan indications (EPP and SU).

If a trial is going to disappoint, I would expect it would be the PLE trial. I would be very surprised if the PDT trial did not present positive results.

If the PLE results disappointed, it would make the SU positive results even more critical.

The only reason I think that might be a possibility was the wording in a past newsletter about the PLE trial by Wolgen. I had pointed out on another forum his wording did not invoke a lot of confidence in the PLE interim results for me personally as an investor.

All I know is I will feel a lot better if the PLE interims and the PDT Phase II trial results come in as meeting their endpoints.

There is also the possibility that both the PLE results and the PDT results will be solid.

As it is right now, the best news I want to hear right now is positive PLE interim results (other than a huge licensing agreement from a big pharma that blows us all out of the water – but I think we’re still months away from something like that).

DYOR as always.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CUV (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.