WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

Positive sighting of Olay Magnemasks @, page-61

1. 3,127 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 919
    Your images show that something is not quite right here. There is no way that what we see here is part of P&G's marketing plan. Those on-floor displays cost P&G money in production, installation, floor rental and advertising. The entire display is promoting the OBJ Infuser as being the new thing that the customer must try, and yet again as in so many other stores around Australia, the device is not for sale! This time, not even a tag and an empty space. All that is there are the mask products which afaict don't sell very well and certainly do nothing for OBJ.

So what is the explanation? Some possible reasons :

1) Supply constraint : P&G contracted for an adequate supply of devices, but the manufacturer has been unable to meet the quota. I see this as unlikely as the devices are not that difficult to produce. The only challenging part of production is creating the micro-array sheets and I would find it hard to believe that OBJ has not produced an ample supply of this.

2) Excessive demand : P&G underestimated the demand for the Magnemask infuser device in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and so supply in Australia has been limited.

3) Excessive Australia demand : This would only be possible if the packaging sold here is unique to Australia. In this case, P&G would have underestimated the local demand, and while they may have enough devices, they have to wait until they can do another production run for Australia.

4) Genius marketing from P&G : just kidding. I threw this deprivation marketing idea in here because I could not stand to read someone else put this forth as a valid reason. I don't believe it for a second.

I am thinking this is something like 2 or 3 above. Demand has exceeded expectations in some way. So in the short term, this kind of sucks because P&G are promoting the device, but have few to sell so we miss out on our 75 cents. But if this is true, it can't help but be good for us even now, as it will reinforce P&G's belief in the customer's acceptance of our devices and ensure they produce enough of the integrated devices coming (I believe we will start seeing these on shelves in Japan, China, and elsewhere in Asia starting Feb/Mar 2019).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.