PEN 4.55% 11.5¢ peninsula energy limited

positive signs of things to come , page-30

1. akq
    3,592 Posts.
    Unfortunately it looks as though I was correct in my gut feeling on REE at Wyoming although the bit at the bottom may provide hope.I presume when he says economic grades he is talking about conventional mining and in our case we are using ISR so looks as though it may be a non starter,heres an answer I received from someone on this site,havent had chance to look at Karoo yet but they have given some coordinates and I dont have Google earth,can someone look it up and post if we are in the right area

http://www.allexperts.com/central/expert.htm

"Rare Earth Elements are not very rare. They are found in many rock types across the globe in trace amounts. Economic concentrations of REEs, like all ore deposits, are not common. Ore grade REE occurrences are found in very unusual rocks called carbonatite. Pegmatites are another commercial source of REEs.

Sedimentary basins like the Karoo and Powder River Basins are not very likely to have economic accumulations of REEs. Efficient, natural REE concentration mechanisms are associated with igneous activity but not sedimentary process so sedimentary rocks do not contain high concentrations of REEs. Intrusions of kimberlite or carbonatite rocks into the sedimentary basins are the most likely hosts for REE mineralization.

There are three known intrusions in the Karoo that might be of interest to you. Stukpan at 28 deg 24 min south - 26 deg 53 min east is a large buried carbonatite that might have some potential. Benfontein at 28 deg 51 min south- 24 deg 50 min east is a series of kimberlite dikes that also have elevated REE concentrations. Keikamspoort at 29 deg 53 min south - 22 deg 48 min east consists of a large carbonatite dike with elevated REEs.

There are kimberlite and carbonatite rocks in an around the Powder River basin as well as REE enriched pegmatites nearby. The occurrences are too numerous to list here."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PEN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.5¢
Change
0.005(4.55%)
Mkt cap ! $366.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 11.5¢ 10.5¢ $2.185M 19.39M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 1892350 11.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.5¢ 3719 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PEN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.