PTL 2.47% 8.3¢ prestal holdings limited

Probably there'd be synergies between the two.But I'm in two...

1. 10,757 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1419
    Probably there'd be synergies between the two.

But I'm in two minds: yes, most of us love cash (!) but it might be better for PTL to grow itself and see the share price appreciate that way.

What one doesn't want is as may occur with some ASX-listed entities is for shares to decline in price and an opportunistic takeover bid from the likes of rapacious private equity emerge, and then the PTL directors recommend the offer.

As noted above, WOW and COL gave us a clue as within the last week they've mentioned how sales of cleaning products were up 30 per cent in the first quarter of 2020-21. No brands were quoted but PTL must be deriving some benefit given its market-leading position with White King. Being in lockdown previously, my worried mum (re not contracting the virus) visited in travel-restricted Melbourne and brought my household two large bottles of White King. We didn't ask for them. If that's occurring even to a minor extent, it'll be pushing sales along.

I'd be happy if PTL sales were up five per cent in the first half of 2020-21 compared with the same period a year ago, but the market probably expects more. We have to be realistic and not greedy though.

One hesitates to use the idiotic expression 'new normal' but this virus may have inculcated new habits in Australians in which cleaning products are no longer as much a grudge purchase as they used to be, but are now regarded positively as a key way to protect us against catching this coronavirus or even dying, even though the latter is hardly occurring for those under 70 who have a greater chance of being killed on the roads. If anyone's seen Dettol (Rcekitt-B, competitor to PTL but foreign owned) commercials about Dettol, these push that theme of 'protecting families'. Remember though as a famous legal judgment once said 'advertising is mere puffery'.
    Last edited by Hopeful9: 07/11/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PTL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.