CTP 3.85% 5.4¢ central petroleum limited

Don Voelte Woodside CEO wants to build 3 new LNG plants in...

1. 284 Posts.
    Don Voelte Woodside CEO wants to build 3 new LNG plants in Darwin upping the current processing capacity by 10X..... He has considerable NT gov't backing (The Australian, 'Key Players This Decade' feature Dec 20th)

This relates to PNG natural gas exploration, but certainly puts Darwin on the map as a hydrocarbon export hub.

For CTP of course, we've got to firm up our resources before this has immediate relevance.

However, the Central Australia CSG, Oil and Gas tenements are looking a lot less isolated cf Eastern Seaboard hydrocarbon cousins. This does up the visibility of Central Australian hydrocarbon resources on the global corporate radar.

I am hoping for more big announcements from CTP this quarter, outside of the current JV partners agreed drilling schedule.

Call me a fantasist if you like, but with all the prospective acreage in CTP's possession, I wouldn't be surprised to see some Asian interest in the near term.

Although these firms typically invest in 2P/3P certified acreage, there are increasing signs of relaxing investing guidelines as looming scarcity of hydrocarbons requires security of future resources to be factored into even the most conservative corporate planning focus.

Just some positive thoughts for the new year.

Wishing all CTP punters, happy times with the ones you cherish, over the wind-down season.

PM

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.