CVI 0.00% 0.3¢ cvi energy corporation limited

possibile outcomes in cycle analysis for cvi., page-82

1. 1,268 Posts.
    We know that buying a stock at the bottom means we are buying at an area of low risk. This area of low risk also should coincide with a cycle bottom if we perform cycle analysis. Some traders are "turned off" with cycles, waves and swings and fourier transforms, fractals and spectral analysis. So let's look at what I call a Risk Management chart of CVI at today's close to see what level of risk we are at with CVI. Have we reached a level of low risk to be wildly happy with CVI or are we soon coming to such a level of risk?

Adopting 12 parameters of risk measurement eg. macd, rsi, stochastics, momentum, CCI, Williams %R and other zero lag indicators, the Risk Management chart of CVI is plotted in Amibroker.

The bottom ribbon shows two colours - the green to indicate low risk and the red to indicate high risk.

There are risk bars of different colours, with their shades indicating the levels of risk. For example, a light green colour risk bar means the risk is diminishing and we are at the initial stage of a "go" - risk is low. We can also know whether any dip in price when the risk is low is a temporary pullback with a resultant continuation uptrend or represents a major correction or pullback as well. ( See my notes on the chart).

CVI, Risk Management Bars, dascore

As of today's close, we have not gotten a light coloured green risk bar( initial area of low risk), and also we have not sighted a green colour ribbon as well. The best periods will be when we have a solid green risk bar and a solid green ribbon- that's when our risks are lowest!

It must be noted there is NO forecasting here- we are merely trying to uncover the tracks of the market, and to get in as soon as we have a confirmed signal of low risk.

Hope this alternative of identifying risk in lieu of cycle analysis is of use to some of us, cheers!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.