PAA 3.03% 17.0¢ pharmaust limited

Sorry Paxti, I don't agree, and I am not sure that you...

1. 80 Posts.
    Sorry Paxti,
    I don't agree, and I am not sure that you understand what the trial is actually trying to achieve.

Palatability has been mitigated. The company has invested in having monepantel reformulated into gel caps (Big money). When needed, they will re-formulate again into a powder tablet like aspirin for far better palatability. Ever tried chewing up an aspirin, the drug tastes foul too.

The first phase 1/2 trials in humans and dogs were a success. Monepantel proved to be absorbed well by the body (confirmed by blood tests) and extremely safe (1st Check). It also confirmed efficacy (The drug is working) by reduction in cancer blood markers (2nd Check). The significance of this is that the patients were dogs and people who had failed all standards of care. Meaning they were very sick and had their immune systems destroyed by chemo. Also it was working in all cancers, not just one type, extremely significant.

Palatability was an issue in this trial, as very sick patients can hardly keep anything down, least of which a foul tasting liquid. Ever tried trying to get a dog to drink something it doesn't want to? This led to less than perfect uptake and results. Epichem were able to create gel caps for dogs, but not humans due to health standards. This enabled more dogs to be treated and more real data.

Since then we have had anecdotal evidence of a dog "Bella"taking monepantel with a nasty cancer having long term survival and reduction in tumor sizes. This is what needs to be confirmed, and the reason for the trial.

First, it will seek to confirm efficacy (The drug works) which can have massive upsize, not only for dogs but also humans, see following movie.

The cancer drug market is a massive industry and this drug has the potential to be worth Billions of dollars in the human market in particular.

Another significant outcome is confirmation of the efficacy in the drug, hopefully leading to Novartis taking up their option. This will provide major funding from a company with deep pockets and can produce all the monepantel we need for the many future trials required to get this drug to market. Firstly in dogs, but will allow the stepping stone to humans where the big money is.

I think you would have to agree, this could really be an inflection point for the company and has major significance.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.0¢
Change
0.005(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $82.65M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.0¢ 18.0¢ 16.8¢ $151.1K 877.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 54714 17.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 371375 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PAA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.