SBM 0.00% 20.0¢ st barbara limited

I found the following news searching the web for info on flood...

1. 661 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 69
    I found the following news searching the web for info on flood damage, link is below but I can not vouch for the accuracy of reports. The trading halt appears to be related to a possibility of cyanide contamination from the tailings dam. Previous articles talk about SBM careful improvements to the water treatment of water released from the dam, upgraded to drinkable quality so I hope they were well prepared and there is no contamination. There was also mention of some damage to access roads, but I saw no reports of serious infrastructure damage. We can only hope, particularly for the locals sake there was no cyanide leakage, then everything else should be ok.

I also saw in news articles that Gold Ridge was the only current mining operation there and apparently responsible for 20% of Solomons GDP (that seems alot I do not know if it is a fact) If this is anything like true, it means that if SBM can make the mine work, although it has so far lost us a fair amount of money in the mean time, it has been doing a lot of good to one of the poorest pacific countries. I just hope it has not caused any environmental harm in these floods which were the worst on record.

=======
    Fears of cyanide spill at Gold Ridge mine
    With the humanitarian disaster unfolding in the Solomon Islands and the tragic loss of life, scientists are expressing fears over the cyanide retention dam at the Gold Ridge mine above Honiara.

The dam was reportedly already at full capacity before the recent devastating rains and flooding. The mine owners had been trying to schedule a “de-watering” exercise, which involves releasing filtered water into the Matepono River, but the recent rains prevented that.

Scientists say there is real danger that heavy rains combined with a full dam, could result in unfiltered water containing toxic cyanide spilling over the dam into the river system.

http://ramumine.wordpress.com/2014/04/06/fears-of-cyanide-spill-at-gold-ridge-mine/#comments

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $163.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 20.5¢ 19.8¢ $687.8K 3.425M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 278140 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 744228 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SBM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.