SBN 0.00% 0.0¢ sun biomedical limited

Kens, another article here, from yesterday's...

1. 3,657 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 533
    Kens, another article here, from yesterday's news:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-23/mine-drug-testing-decisions-called-into-question/5214914

Decisions handed down by the Fair Work Commission (FWC) relating to drug testing on mine sites have been called into question by the mining industry.

The Australian Manufacturing Workers Union will challenge the right of companies to use urine testing after the commission ruled that it was 'unjust and unreasonable' for Endeavour Energy to do so.

The AMWU wants urine testing replaced with saliva swab tests, which is says are less degrading.

But the Australian Mines and Metals Association says companies should manage testing regimes to meet their own safety obligations under law.

Policy director for AMMA, Scott Barklamb, says the commission has been inconsistent with decisions on recent drug testing cases.

"We have cases saying that we may dismiss people for refusing to take urine tests.

"Then we have other decisions saying it's unjust and unreasonable to expect a urine test.

"So we're really concerned, as in a number of areas in the industrial relations commission at the moment, that the decisions are all over the place and there's not the level of consistency and certainty employers need to try and be able to meet their obligations under the law."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SBN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.