BAS 4.55% 7.4¢ bass oil limited

re: cjames Unfortunately I work in Bahrain and don't get much of...

1. 202 Posts.
    re: cjames Unfortunately I work in Bahrain and don't get much of a chance to look at a lot of oil stocks back here. Haven't had a look at NEO but if I get a chance I will have a go. Back in the US I worked for a major oil and gas company analyzing seismic data for amplitude anomalies and using offset analysis to detect gas zones. I will never forget my most "favorite" junior oiler VPE using amplitude anomalies in an onshore prospect. The method is usually only used in sand/shale environments and is very problematic in other areas. You can't distingusish gas from salt or maybe even mess up the polarity of the data and get limestone or volanics. Have they ever hot any oil?

I do not have much confidence in the exploration teams here. BAS spent a lot of money on seismic data but have not used good geology in defining their prospects. I got in in hopes of a pop on their last well. It didn't eventuate and I and am kicking myself for my foolishness. The oilers who have the best chance for a good return are the ones that are reworking old production like MAE (ex-CPC) and SAE (ex-REL). I am familiar with the MAE Texas area and they have a winner. BHP, STO, and WPL have good exploration teams and know where the good prospective blocks are in OZ. The little guys only get the crumbs. Play them only on drilling excitement and not that they are going to hit the glory hole. I do like the NDO story and have taken a stake in them as a long term play.

I do have an Oklahoma MAE-style prospect of my own. If anyone knows a company that might be interested, I would be happy to talk to them when I get it fully developed. Otherwise I would be happy to help in any fashion but am not a wellsite geologist. My email address is [email protected]

As one of the other posters said, I am just a mug speculator. Do your own research and don't take anything I say as gospel.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BAS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.