NKP 0.00% 9.9¢ nkwe platinum limited

Misfits mentioned Beijing...?They take forever to make their...

1. 4,293 Posts.
    Misfits mentioned Beijing...?
    They take forever to make their moves...imo.
    and warning you I havent been following the posts here...

A platinum story caught my eye.
    For those who have followed media re the DRA connection to Shanduka and the Chinese bank investment in Shanduka....
    if I remember details correctly..dyor..this recent news might interest...
    well it is platinum...Limpopo...

http://www.miningmx.com/news/platinum_group_metals/Shanduka-unfazed-by-market-as-Lonmin-deal-nears.htm

David McKay | Thu, 24 May 2012 10:16

[miningmx.com] –
    "SHANDUKA Group said market conditions would not influence its decision on whether or not to buy for R1.1bn ($135m) a controlling stake in Lonmin’s currently mothballed Limpopo division.

“We are close to making a decision, and we’re hoping it will be positive,” said Phuti Mahanyele, CEO of Shanduka Group in an interview. Former trade unionist and politician Cyril Ramaphosa is a shareholder in Shanduka Group. “We are keen on the sector. Market conditions won’t weigh on our decision.
    Platinum is an asset which we view as strategic to Shanduka Group,” said Mahanyele.

South Africa’s platinum sector has been under enormous strain lately, with rising costs and a supply surplus – estimated at 480,000 oz this year – narrowing margins.
    Anglo Platinum, the listed subsidiary of Anglo American, is consequently reviewing its portfolio, which is expected to result in the sale of its joint ventures." continues.....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NKP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.