LTR 3.76% 96.5¢ liontown resources limited

Possible potential of LTR - Estimations for discussions, page-72

1. 5,939 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20045

As I said on the other thread we are at the beginning of an industrial revolution atm. It's about a disruptive EV technology which needs very precise forecasting. Even Roskill changed their forecasts about EVs a few times in last few years. It needs a very deep knowledge of a few sectors; electric vehicles and technologies, batteries and technologies and of course most importantly lithium resources sector and exploration/development project and their activities. The lack of knowledge in one those sectors is resulting in wrong investment decisions.

I am reading a lot about EVs and battery technologies, following so many news. Even trying to understand what comes next in a few years;
    • how long the Li-Ion tech will last?
    • how fast is going to be the grow of EV sales?
    • is cobalt usage going to die or increase?
    • what is going to happen to the unsafe state of the Li-Ion batteries?

(And this one is important)
    • is the next thing will be the Lithium Metal anode batteries instead of graphite anode batteries of today? If this happens the world will need more lithium then.

(Lithium Metal anode battery is being dearer but much safer and gives 70%+ more power, because the Nickel in the cathode makes the battery unsafe and needs to be cobalt included in it for making it safer. But cobalt is hard to find outside of DRC).

The options are endless. But the industry will determine what materials are going to be used. So while I am making investment in lithium I am trying to understand the demand it will receive.

My decision is lithium is the only metal which the industry can't give up. So it's demand will increase substantially.

My other theory is this; The automotive companies must directly secure the lithium supply from the resources. Otherwise they will be in big trouble. (I made posts about this on twitter long time ago). Therefore they are on the way to come to Australia for securing their battery supplies.

I mean there are so many auto manufacturers in the world, Just imagine;

Japanese ones, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Mitsubishi, Subaru, Mazda,
    Chinese ones; xxx, xxx,xxx, lots of them
    US ones; GM, Cyresler, Ford
    European ones; Mercedes, BMW, VW Group, Renault, Fiat, UK cars,
    etc.etc

A huge market.

Where they can get their lithium supplies?
    Hard rock spodumene based lithium?

Where is it?
    There is no one.
    (There is other ones in Africa but they are hopeless as we can see from their market caps)

There are only four big ones in Australia. Here they are, on the graphic.

There is a big gap between those big ones and other small ones.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/1539/1539434-fdd61a2a71ed6754337e8d9c52e8aa7f.jpg
    Last edited by anatol: 08/05/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.