THK unknown

some possible scenario's, speculating of course... figures are...

1. 875 Posts.
    some possible scenario's, speculating of course... figures are approx usd value (gross) to the company for the resource and would be nett to thk with 12.5% and taking into account possible quality losses, however, measurement uncertainty of +/- 15% on my calcs

absolute worst
    = 0bcf, we are all screwed (however, in this gas field and surrounding areas, this has never occurred over this size acreage, so basically impossible)

worst
    = 18.26M USD

average
    = 45.21M USD

good
    = 81.94M USD

excellent
    = 107.4M USD

how did i calculate?

i calculated bcf porbable case based on nearby operations (took average of tcf over 3 nearby operators in similar shales and simply divided by their acreage size) - unfortunately, this is why they do the 3D seismic and this method is flawed as you may have 100,000 acres, but all the gas is in say 2-3% of that area... i had to use something though, i don't have 3d data, they do...

calculating usd amount?
    I have simpy used Henry Hub spot prices and used an average of factors applied to the henry hub rate to take account for quality losses. I took the bcf to USD valuations of 4 other companies in the area and used an average factor to apply to bcf calcs to givea usd amount.. (note the factors only varied by 5% anyway so they are pretty close to the mark i feel)

in wrapping , this is only the conventional data, they have unconventional as well.. also, as they have a 12.5% stake, their costs to generate this revenue will be very low / mcf...

cheers and good luck...

anyways, i am not qualified (at all), other than i can use an abacus, in these sorts of calculations so if anyone else would like to work out what 12.5% of 30,000 acres in one of the most prominent gas producing areas of the world would be, please feel free. i could be way off the mark and walking with the fairies... green fairies...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add THK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.