S32 0.28% $3.56 south32 limited

Spoke to someone at the Company recently- they are, obviously,...

1. 317 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 107
    Spoke to someone at the Company recently- they are, obviously, careful what they say but a couple of things I picked up were:

Short term volatility, commodities are cyclical and, consequently, people are out of commodity stocks atm - but long term outlook very positive.

Aluminium/alumina has been down and then stubbornly sideways for quite some time now. I read an article saying how Al is not a favoured commodity in financial circles atm because of the ability of China to flood the market supply as they have plenty of extra production potential, however, article said they 'should be' bullish as supply is currently in deficit. (work that out??)

Trump trade deal wld be good (obviously), although I think people here think S32 is more into sales to China than they are. It does affect globally, as above, and base metals will go well with infrastructure spending,

Sale of South Africa won't be much value after all done and dusted - not sure of the figures myself, I thought we would be slapping 800mill or so in the bank, but app not?. I guess if the sale is not going to add to balance sheet for much, (don't shoot the messenger!), then the SP probably won't kick on over it?
    I agree with previous post that in reasonable time S32 will get to 5 bucks and beyond and we'll look at tdays's prices and rue the buying opportunity. Currently, I'm fully loaded, tho

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add S32 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.56
Change
-0.010(0.28%)
Mkt cap ! $16.10B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.59 $3.61 $3.55 $22.90M 6.390M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
106 341338 $3.55

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.56 144615 38
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.28pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
S32 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.