FMG 2.99% $20.35 fortescue ltd

Possible sanctions, page-5

1. 996 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    OT

Let me say that I am not pro or anti any particular party. I am a long-time student of political history and civics with postgraduate science and education qualifications.

"If you don't like our policies, don't vote for us". Well, thank you, Chris Bowen,

wipe a good 3 to 5% off their first preference votes. They wouldn't be stupid enough to say it again. But they may end up doing it.

There are no children overboard at the moment. There are no boats arriving off our coast except Chinese ones. COVID-19 is not ripping our lives apart and a need for strong state/federal leadership (at the moment). The Liberal/National coalition government can only shoot themselves in the foot in the next 6 weeks and they are trying.

This is not the same Australian Labor Party from 40 years ago. The left faction may still be getting their union leader quota into parliament and possible ministry through outdated caucus deals but it's not the same. they have "deep down" moved centrist.

Uranium mining was suppressed, through the 3 mine policy, back in the 20th century and iron ore, coal, gold, manufacturing minerals and oil exploration were kings. The AWU, BLF and Ps&Ds were in the news. Industrial unrest was frequent and the unions had a direct say in politics. Those days have virtually disappeared. Most high profile labour disputes involve our teachers, nurses, health workers and emergency services. It's a different breed of union leader who arrives in parliament these days. They have different views to the old ACTU driven "drover's dog" type.

They need the Greens vote so, in a way, they MUST do deals on environment. But as current events clearly show us, the saviours are often the previously vilified. Coal, once on the nose, is suddenly looking good. Albeit they close their eyes and think happy thoughts as they rely on Coal and Iron ore in the good times of revenue and when they need it most. Uranium was once looked at as unthinkable even though it was there for the taking and a clean use of energy. But a naughty word.

Gough Whitlam said "It'sTime" and at the moment I don't think that Australia has reached that point.

The Labor Party are lucky they exist here because in America they would not exist. Any political ideology based on a unionised base would be quickly expunged. I don't think that it could arise now in Australia spontaneously. I strongly doubt that even the Democrat Party would lean that way and welcome their ideas. There is a reason why the USA system is deliberately kept two-party.

In my opinion, although ahead in polls two-party preferred, the Labor Party is barking up the wrong tree if it approaches the election espousing any notions of disturbing the economic stability of most Australians who are now strongly invested in superannuation, other investments such as property and shares as well as job prosperity. It's hard to spruik the "Us" (working class) against the "Them" ( business/rich). in 2022. Attacking peoples hard earned retirement savings or the companies that provide economic prosperity to those people is a clear no-no that they can no longer get away with relying on "unfettered" party loyalty.

We want to be able to look beyond May 18 and be rest assured that no matter which party wins government our economic security and geopolitical security will not be adversely compromised.

I know this sounds off topic but its central to where our financial future lies. whether it is FMG or our other shares in uranium, coal, EV minerals or consumer discretionary. Any sanctions, that disrupt our trade dealings, which are "off the reservation" serve us no purpose.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.35
Change
0.590(2.99%)
Mkt cap ! $62.65B
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.91 $20.50 $19.90 $172.3M 8.500M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 7799 $20.33

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$20.36 1175 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 07/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.