BLV 0.00% 1.6¢ blossomvale holdings ltd

possible trend reversal?, page-12

1. 13,097 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 236
    Hey arae,

Glad you found it a bit useful. Different traders tend to use slightly different time frames for their setups and I guess a lot of it comes down to trial and error and finding what works for your own system. I wouldn't suggest for a minute that 90+150 is superior to 85+145 etc but I'm comfortable with my setups after quite a few years experimenting.

I think Alexander Elder is a pure gem for trading systems! Then there's Stan Weinstein and a few others I've been influenced by.

If you check the XJO thread here on HC, you'll see some of the real charting gurus use slight variations to each other but it's all fairly similar and just a way to separate price action into time frames.

I like the 90+150 as it shows very clearly how a stock is trending over a few-months period in relation to it's long-term trend. As my chart showed, you catch most of the trend and eliminate a lot of risk.

For trading on the other hand, I tend to use short crossover combos, like 13+50 or even 5+13 for 1-3 day trades.

Hope that helps.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BLV (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.