NCM 0.00% $23.35 newcrest mining limited

Possible triple bottom zone, page-10

1. 203 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    Everything TT has said is possible speculation and I agree with. There is also an old mining pit that is no longer used (link not handy unfortunately - Sydney morning herald maybe??) that NCM have approval to turn into a tailings dam, but the infrastructure to transport the tailings to the pit is not yet in place and could take up to 6 months to set up.

So even if we have a new tailings area as an alternative we could still be 6 months from production again.

A lot of people have zoned in on cadia being a disaster and that's fair, but seem to have forgotten that NCM has 5 mines other than Cadia which are currently operating and has feasibility studies for 2 new mines in Papua New Guinea and Fiji which are promising.

The Telfer mine in the Pilbara is set to be their biggest gold mine from what I have read.

So even if it does take 6 months to get Cadia running again this is by no means the end of the world.

Full disclosure: have recently topped up on newcrest shares given above research and sharp price dip.

Walrus

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NCM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.