NEU 2.64% $20.99 neuren pharmaceuticals limited

Possibly a new direction?

1. 6,404 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 688
    In December I really thought we'd be taken out by February.
    Wrong.

This Anglemans result I now feel is completely critical to the next step forward.
    I'm not happy even thinking about a poor result.

We actually don't have a whole lot in the pipeline if it reads poorly.
    Sure, we can run with the other 2 indications but that will be worked through under significant pressure. And the idea of a platform drug will be toast.

So lets go with the positive and that the results are great.
    I'm going to stick my neck out and say NEU are going to do something that many won't want.

NEU will have their FDA meetings.
    Acadia will release their earnings. When is that by the way?

And NEU will go straight into a halt (within 7 days of trading post results) and will launch a CR.
    Raise $220 million with a dilution of 10 million shares (or so) and go straight to phase 3 alone in 3 indications.

I would not be surprised to see Jon step aside if they do this. Because it's a long road.

Sure, NEU have enough cash to run 2 trials. But there's going to be so much staff needed to get this going that I think a CR has to occur.
    They can follow the TLX model. Which is that they kept all rights but paid percentages to a number of third parties to get everything done.

Theres far more long term value in that model.
    It's effectively the opposite of our model with Acadia. They make the cash, we just receive a percentage.

Some people will run for the hills if this were to occur. But there's going to be enough suitors to scoop up those shares and go for the ride.

If they are really after shareholder value then I think this is the way to give it.
    Dangerous though. Stuff like that can break a company. But we aren't talking about 1 successful ph2 trial here.
    We are talking about 3.
    You'd have to have confidence if you were any board with that sort of success.

In summary, I can still see us being taken out. But I don't believe the board will be sitting on their hands. I think they've already drawn up a plan and they are just waiting for all the ducks to line up.

Been wrong before though !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$20.99
Change
0.540(2.64%)
Mkt cap ! $2.682B
Open High Low Value Volume
$20.56 $21.55 $20.54 $12.48M 591.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 435 $20.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$20.99 1001 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NEU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.