QAN 2.65% $6.98 qantas airways limited

possibly a strike looming, page-2

1. 793 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4
    mike_au1,

I agree that any possible strike would be bad for the company and staff. Mr. Borghetti over at Virgin is laughing all day long. Mediation needs to take place and SOON, QAN management need to meet the unions and agree on an outcome, but somehow I do not think this will occur any time soon. The company is clearly hell bent on expanding QAN through a risky/costly OS expansion and the unions are understandably trying to protect their jobs and conditions. They also disagree with the strategy.

The only real winner at the moment is Virgin (and other long haul carriers). If they (QAN management) do not sort it out VERY soon their forward bookings for the Christmas period will take a massive hit because the travelling public will not want their holidays stuffed up and will fly with the competition.

Importantly, once the general public have lost faith in QAN being able to provide a reliable service, QAN will have to do something miraculous to woo them back as loyal customers. How long will that take and how much will that cost the company? Is it possible at all?

Surfrat

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.