AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Possibly the world's largest hard-rock spodumene resource, page-1074

1. 12,261 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3833
    Yes. Sorry I missed it as the label was to far west so I just dismissed it as another deposit. Given the deposit has been studied since the 1950s no surprises that it is in on the USGS map, in fact they would have been neglectful not to include it. The point of the map is to show there are many known deposits and probably many more that are sitting in core sheds and old data bases around the world. If you want to ignore demand and supply when investing of course you a free to do that but this deposit is a prime example of how quickly supply can potentially be filled. How many more of these monster deposits need to surface before the industry starts get competitive to the point of effecting pricing. According to many of the Li bulls demand and supply don't come into the equation. The growth in lithium usage according to the bulls is growing "exponentially" but you can't sensibly calculate such growth without a measurable growth rate and period over which to apply that rate. People just pull numbers out of the ether, in order to keep the speculative show rolling on.

And as far as Li being the lightest material. Graphene being a monoatomic layer material is far lighter and will have the highest surface area for anode production by orders of magnitude. Graphene could in theory disrupt Li in the future and what's more simple graphite and old fashion Ni are heavier consumers in anodes than Li is at present in any event. I agree that in certain battery types Vanadium is fully recyclable and is another metal with significant applications and is one to watch.

My point is if you assume you can develop all these giant Li deposits at the same time without effecting demand you are living in dreamland but that seems where the average Li investor is most comfortable. Some will need to fail or be suspended as future producers. Esh

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.