the following comes from a report conducted in 2011As an aside,...

1. 17,117 Posts.
    the following comes from a report conducted in 2011

As an aside, sometime in the past couple of years I had a question whether there was black a rat in my patch or was it a native rat, or god forbid was it one of the tiny possum gliders....I spent hours on the net searching for information, then came away with the impression they were not here in Albury. Since then further reports have been released and are available on the net, showing these tiny creatures are in fact here.
    The AWDC conduct ongoing studies into conservation, and there are special studies on the Albury Ranges, and Thurgoona.

They use a local group with scientists stemming from the CSU
    in Albury, they invite the public to go on excursions with them, mapping and identifying the local flora and fauna.
    I met with some of them last year on one such excursion, and they agreed with me those little animals are here.
    They are a great bunch of friendly people. I would suggest they would be able to assist you with any of your problems.
    Contact the AWDC in the first instance to assist your enquiries. I am sure they could help you sort out your problems with the natives.

4.6.2 Mammals
    Records of the Squirrel Glider (Petaurus norfolcensis), which is listed as Vulnerable under the TSC Act,
    occur throughout the Thurgoona area. In particular, Squirrel Gliders have been detected in remnant
    woodland along streams and roadsides, and in patches of woodland and forward tree plantings that also
    contained large hollow-bearing trees. The species has been recorded within the environmental lands
    being transferred to the ARCR.
    The Spotted-tailed Quoll (Dasyurus maculatus), which is listed as Vulnerable under the TSC Act, was
    recorded in the Nail Can Range in 2002.
    The Eastern Grey Kangaroo (Macropus giganteus), Black Wallaby (Wallabia bicolor), Common Wombat
    (Vombatus ursinus), Common Brushtail Possum (Trichosurus vulpecular), Sugar Glider (Petaurusbreviceps) and Ringtail Possum (Pseudocheirus peregrinus) occur in the Albury Ranges and Thurgoona
    areas. The Common Wombat is extremely rare around Albury.
    The Yellow-footed Antechinus has been recorded in low numbers in the Nail Can Range

http://www.lpma.nsw.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0019/165610/Albury_Regional_Crown_Reserve_Draft_Plan_of_Management_for_Public_Display.PDF

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.