possum deterrents, page-17

1. 11,213 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I feed them fruit, bread, leftovers from meals (not greens as they don't like them). The numbers won't increase as they are territorial. Only started this after my Jack Russel passed away as she kept them off the ground.

More recently are bandicoots - three came last night. They are very cute, their vision seems to be poor, they move somewhat like a rabbit and maybe they are a little 'thick' compared to say the possums. They enjoy cooked meat (don't offer them raw), bread and bananas. The drawback is that they dig holes throughout the garden hunting for worms and other underground dwellers.

Also had a couple of native rats attracted to the food and although they were cute I was concerned that that wasn't so good, as well as they had started to eat tomatoes and beans in the vegetable garden. Anyway after becoming really concerned, last weekend, I asked the universe if a bird could remove them. The following day one of the rats was found dead on a balcony and I haven't seen the other one since. Feeling a bit guilty over that.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.