picastok40 zucchinis sounds like a great crop...do you actually...

1. 17,117 Posts.
    picastok
    40 zucchinis sounds like a great crop...do you actually eat them all, or pickle them etc
    would you mind if Mrs Possum actually took one or two of them ?
    The reason I started feeding my possum family was to encourage them to leave the home they had made in the roof of one of my houses. I needed her to get into the habit
    of bringing the whole family out, so that when I found someone available to climb up after dark to block the hole that she was using to get into the house, there would not be any babies left inside to die.

I have no reason to continue feeding her, as the job has now been done. She does not eat anything else in my garden, except the strawberry patch, which is for her use alone.

I also keep a water dish on the ground for the possums, it is a one litre dish, and I find it is almost empty most mornings.
    The birds just love their bird baths, especially this hot weather, they are in there most of the day. I would love to put a bird bath in the park for the other birds, but it would get stolen for shure. As it is I have 2 large plastic
    dishes of water for them, which they use all day, and even hop in to cool down.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.