possum deterrents, page-9

1. 17,117 Posts.
    good on you...
    I put the food out right on dusk, possum arrives and eats the food....only rarely is possum late, so the scraps are not sitting there all day or for hours ...the possum family cleans up and are gone within half an hour
    sometimes possum is there waiting for me...I can put my hand with the food to within a foot of them, but they are frightened and will run up the tree...
    I dont want to get too close...nor make them dependent on me
    but it does save the garden...they go away with little full tummies

there was an animal that looked like a rat at one stage, I had questions about it, because I had doubts that it was the black rat....
    we have native rats, and a little flying possum that looks the same as the black rat

if you live in an area where these non rat creatures are found, you need to be careful, and sure that it is in fact a rat and not one of the protected species
    have a look at this little creature
    The Yellow-footed Antechinus
    and tell me you could discern the difference between it and a rat

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=photo+of+Sugar+Gliders&hl=en&tbo=u&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=NOkAUayvNobykAWe_YHwDA&ved=0CC8QsAQ&biw=1201&bih=594#hl=en&tbo=d&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=photo+of+The+Yellow-footed+Antechinus&oq=photo+of+The+Yellow-footed+Antechinus&gs_l=img.12...47411.52136.0.55986.2.2.0.0.0.0.360.572.2-1j1.2.0...0.0...1c.1.OV4oQxCEykk&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&bvm=bv.41248874,d.dGI&fp=b3a79d398602fe51&biw=1201&bih=594

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.