post first home owners grant....

1. 2,086 Posts.
    I'm curious as the opinions of others here, property bulls or otherwise, as to the effect on the property market that the expiry of the FHOG mid year, will have.

The top end of the property market are struggling at the moment, with the lower end holding reasonably well....I think it fair to say that the FHOG is helping to support prices at the lower end of the market at the moment...but what about when the grant ends???

And, will it indeed end, or will it be extended again??

I certainly don't believe all the doom and gloom about property, and I am looking at some properties as investments...I don't think that it is a very strong market, but equally nowhere near as bad as some here are suggesting...low interest rates and high rental yields offers a great LONG term wealth creating opportunity with very little additional input...however, timing is always important, and I tend to think that if the FHOG does finally end, and with continued softening economic conditions, there may well be some excellent opportunities to pick up some reasonably priced property later in the year, around september or so.

Opinions??

I

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.