SLX 2.58% $5.97 silex systems limited

The answer may be yes to most of those questions NC. Utilities...

1. 1,278 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 127
    The answer may be yes to most of those questions NC. Utilities are lobbying and seem not to want the legislation, as they think it will increase the fuel price around 13%.
    Cameco, amongst others have put forward arguments for it, saying its essential for them before making such a huge investment.
    Uranium enrichment is state sponsored in Russia and China. I don't know to what degree Urenco gets help.
    But if you want private enterprise in the west to supply US needs, it requires billions in private capital. Sure, the current Swu price at this point in the price cycle would generate a very healthy capital return now even without a russian ban.
    Although an enrichment plant has to remain profitable long term, and through the inevitable periods in the coming decades when supply meets demand.
    To me that's why the US shut down its diffusion plants and Centrus with its high costs isn't the answer on its own.
    If Silex with its much lower capital costs and greater efficiency can prove with its pilot program that it can out perform Centrifuge then it may be the answer. Although it will still need protection from subsidised product being dumped onto the market.
    I think the proposed russian ban is quite reasonable, being it sort of implies "yeah, US buyers must cut out buying russian fuel imports where they can, but if you must do it, and we agree, then ok."
    Any private enterprise I think has the right to recieve protection from product dumping from overseas markets, especially when its done for political purposes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SLX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.97
Change
0.150(2.58%)
Mkt cap ! $1.413B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.89 $5.99 $5.69 $4.527M 770.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 2000 $5.96

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.99 2938 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$5.96
  Change
0.150 ( 2.77 %)
Open High Low Volume
$5.89 $6.00 $5.69 105219
Last updated 15.59pm 06/05/2024 ?
SLX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.