GDN 0.00% 1.7¢ golden state resources limited

posters only, page-22

1. 30,924 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 174
    maxi, lest silence be taken as admission of guilt:

My agenda is to try to get HotCopper readers to think about their investment(?) in GDN in terms of what the announcements actually mean.

Why? Because, like you, I bought shares (and options) in GDN many moons ago. It is so easy to buy shares. For me, and for most people I suspect, it is more difficult to sell them. But I did sell mine, because of comments made on HotCopper by a couple of posters, one who had been as bullish on them as I was but who changed their mind, and one who had been a perma-bear. Did that turncoat cop some flak!! Pump 'n dumper, wanting to get back in a lot cheaper, etc.etc. I wondered what he was all about too. After all, I had checked as much of his research as I could, carried out my own DD and pretty much memorised the announcements (if you have been following my posts, you'll have noted that I hardly ever refer to anns. after late 2007 - I don't have to research before then, I know which ones I want).

Now, if I'd sold when he did, if I'd realised where he was coming from straight away, I would have made more money with GDN than I did. But it took a couple of months before I commenced selling, when I began to realise that the anns. were starting to become a bit cloudy. There wasn't the forthrightness in the early ones, and management were becoming evasive. There were, of course, still perma-bulls on HC, and I suppose there always will be even if the Co. goes belly up.

I never expect to buy at the low (although I did with GDN) or sell at the top - if you compare to what I sold them at to what I would have got if I'd sold when tricky Dicky did, I've probably "lost" more than anyone here, but thanks to HC I still made a nice bit on the stock (and options). I am just keen that everyone else should work through what the anns. mean. And I have a lot of hard won experience in evaluating that.

So, that's it. Several HotCopper posters have helped me in investing - not just in GDN - and I want to return the favour. That's what the forum is about, for me at any rate.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GDN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.