posters wake up call

1. 193 Posts.
    I normally post on the PRR forum but was advised to post on the general forum and on my PRR forum reference this post number.

I just wanted to highlight to posters that what we say on our hotcopper forums does impact, in my opinion (IMO), share prices of a particular Company. Many posters post about how passionate they are about the long term (LT) view of a company, many posters post about the short term (ST) share price (SP) of a Company, and many posters are obviously day traders (DT) expressing their view of the day to day SP of a company.

Unfortunately, IMO, some posters border on manipulation, as words like will, instead of may are used. Likewise comments are made about "Incompetent Management" etc and posters express views about "what will be the opening and closing price" of a SP. Posters reply with "it will go down due to overall world markets" etc. Depending on the posters motives it could be a DT trying to scare holders into selling or buying etc or a LT encouraging investors to buy up now as the SP will double in 8 months etc.

So....what point I am I trying to make....some posters believe that what we say on forums does not affect the SP......as investors are smarter that that.

Well this article proves that what we say on hotcopper does affect the SP. It is also a wake up call about what we say about management, the daily SP, LT statements etc. We can use the TOU facility to alert moderators, but in many cases, as this article points out, by the time that happens it's too late.

So.....to my fellow posters.....please read this link.....and think about what we say and do when we post.

http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-news-business/ronny2011-shuts-down-trading-in-miner-20110829-1ji6l.html

Good luck to all in your investments.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.