95% of hc members want the right to express blatently bigoted...

1. 4,225 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2506
    95% of hc members want the right to express blatently bigoted offensive points of view? Perhaps just a tiny exaggeration there I suggest.

From my own experience I have really been disappointed that the new version of hc still does not allow me to put certain fora on ignore; specifically the politics and the religion fora. I have no worries about posters wanting to rant and rave at each other, within boundaries of course, but it is just that that is not why I come to hc. So in the interim I have been putting on ignore those posters who I find are most shill and dogmatic and persistent in shoving their views into the faces of everyone else.

At last count I had around 80 posters on ignore (with the old version of hc I had only one poster on ignore so this is quite a change around for me). And I can say is that the quality of the hc "experience" has immeasureably improved for me. So 80 posters out of how many tens of thousands of people who regularly post stuff on hc. That hardly suggests that 95% of the hc community get off on using the anonymity of this place to go on extremist rants.

(I post this mainly so that Madmin's initial message gets another showing during morning peak-hour traffic).

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.