damien83...You clearly have a problem with me...this much is...

1. 15,276 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    damien83...

You clearly have a problem with me...this much is obvious from the manner in which you respond to many of my posts...however this is your problem, not mine!

I posted what I consider a timely reminder, for the benefit of all HC posters, and also in a way, a forced reminder to myself of what we see on these forums from time to time...and ultimately played out in the markets. Some posters will agree, some will take offense, some will not get it...and others will not give it more than a second of thought. I discussed this scenario in a subsequent post about how people were reacting so differently to a somewhat sanguine, impersonal post.

Seriously, I suggest if you did not have issues with me...for what ever reason...you would have likely seen the post for what it was, but instead, yet you took it upon yourself to turn the thread into a personal attack, suggesting I was adopting a "victim complex".

My comments are very much based on my own observations as a market participant, with some years experience of posting and trading/investing. I raised legitimate points which I feel are particularly relevant at this time given the new dynamics of the current changing market climate.

The main reason for posting was to warn all the new posters which I notice have recently joined...hundreds of new nics in fact, clearly many new members.

So whilst you may have suggest you have "heard it all before"...is this not a little self centered given many of these new posters may not have?

Unless of course, in suggesting "we have heard it all before", you are saying theses new nics are not in fact new people at all?

lol

Seriously though...there is no need for you to feel threatened by me, or in any way belittled by my post...it was not directed at you, even though you...and I...and just about everyone on HotCopper, will fit into one or more of the posting types.

Certainly, there was no need to turn the thread into a personal attack opportunity.

I can assure you, there were no sinister motives in the post, it was not directed at anyone in particular...just the opinion of someone who has been in the markets...and posting...for a bit.

As for your comment...

"Do you consider yourself to be a member of these forums? If so, then your post includes yourself whether you spell your name out or not"

This is quite bizarre...and drawing a very long bow to actually suggest I am making the post about me, in your own words, adopting a "victim complex", simply because I am talking about the posting styles of people on HC?

My post more or less followed the following pattern...

The world is full of happy people...and sad people...and people in between...it is also full of nasty people and really generous people. I hate the way some nasty people hurt others, it should not be allowed. People should be aware we have nasty people in the world and be wary of them!

Is this a post about me?

lol

Respectfully, may I ask you read my post over...but this time, take of the tainted glasses...better still, ask a stranger to read it and see if they have problems with me afterwards?

Further, you state...

"Ironic question given it is you questioning peoples posting motives? This particular point can be played round and round... are you questioning mine? Am I questioning you questioning mine? *insert broken record*"

Whilst it can be played round and round...lol...I can see only one playing.

I nominated posting types...then you questioned my right to do so.

Perhaps this whole issue can all be addressed by a simple question...

Do YOU feel we have posters on HC that fit into all 5 main categories I detailed?

If so, then which category/s do you feel perhaps should not be posting as they do?

There you go...I just spent 20 minutes of my lunch break on this post...I could have discussed any one of several resource stocks I am currently interested in.

I have limited time these days...on the odd rare occasion I find a few minutes, I would rather discuss stocks...or the markets...anything in fact except your personal issues with me.

Would you not agree that getting personal typically results in a time wasting exercise...for everyone...if so, then why do it?

Cheers!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.