ACX 0.00% $7.79 aconex limited

Postscript

1. 3,701 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 729
    I guess the readership of this board is pretty thin now, just like at the time of the IPO.

Time for some final notes.

Firstly, on the formation of Aconex, back in 2000. Back then, the initial share price was 10 cents. Of course, that makes the final gain 7,790% as of last Thursday. It was mostly family, friends and business associates of LJ and RP who got involved, backing what they saw as great potential. "We invested in the people", was how one of us put it.

The risk was high, but in the end, the biggest problem was liquidity- or the lack of it. Still, I have to say, there were people in my family who showed great insight, and perseverance. Amazing really.

One of the only chances of liquidating some of the asset came with the injection of funds from Francisco partners. Even the IPO was delayed, failing at the first hurdle. That's why some of us offloaded the 20% we could at the IPO. That was actually an action I came to regret, buying some of it back later, albeit at higher prices. Some in my family were smarter than me, and kept all of their initial holding.

The escrow of 80% of all holdings at IPO was, in the end, a godsend, even though some of us were pretty shocked about it at the time. And then there was the clarity of some members of my family, some holders who were friends and some posters here, like @Alex999. They saw the potential with fresh eyes. My thanks to them all.

It was only when @Alex999  took a well earned sabbatical that I had to finally step up to the plate and try to clarify what Aconex had already achieved, and were on the cusp of achieving. By then, I had enough of an insight to read the tea leaves reasonably well.

Anyway, what can I say? Thanks RP, LJ and team, you created something trully amazing- good luck to you all in the future! Well done to all who stuck with it, through thick and thin.

It was an incredible ride. Not one to be forgotten anytime soon.
    Last edited by jhunt: 03/04/18

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ACX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.