STB 0.00% 40.0¢ south boulder mines ltd

Hi, I'm a large shareholder of STB. Looking at this potash...

1. 162 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    Hi, I'm a large shareholder of STB. Looking at this potash announcement, which is straight up "nearology" , so lets look at it on that basis first.

Reward is capped at $57 mill, on a chart looks like doubling. $ 6 mill in
    cash. Waiting for native title which they claim will be sorted by April.
    It's a salt lake, you'd think it would be a matter of $ only but never can tell. If it doubles on this news, gives a market cap of ~ $100 mill.

To quote STB's announcement, "There is no known substitute for potassium as a plant nutrient". RWD have a 100 year mine life, STB at first guesstimate (based on 80 sqkm) looks to have ~ 25 years. Lots can happen to one of the essential inputs into the food chain in 25 years - you would think.
    Wouldn't you? .

As an idea, you are talking about a commodity that is exploding in value due to unprecedented demand, "Fueled" by China, India and demand for biodiesel. Might sound exaggerated, but the UN is talking about exactly that on the front page of yesterdays West Australian,
    (Headline: UN Warns of Hunger as Food Costs Soar), so ya might say its topical.

So... as I'm reading it, its also actually an ethical investment. Is for me anyway, maybe its not renewable, but it is an essential part of feeding the people on the planet.

And whats your downside? I'm there for the 2200 sqkm of nickel (and gold) exploration anyway. And I paid 25 for that. Market cap of $8 mill with $3 mill in cash + liquids.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.