NSB 0.00% 3.9¢ neuroscientific biopharmaceuticals ltd

Potential 100 bagger Biotech missed by the market, page-881

1. 89 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 95
    Hi Kinghoves.

I agree that the elephant in the room is EmintB’s potential in the treatment of glaucoma and that it appears to be the most advanced therapeutic application of EmtinB at this stage. Glaucoma treatment is a ludicrously huge market (in 2019 valued at 6,59 billion USD annually and expected to grow to 11.05 billion in 2027).
    That EmtinB’s potential delivery system looks like it can be applied via eye drops is already a significant achievement. I look forward to further progress here as it should significantly rerate NSB in the near future.

Likewise, I think that progress with Alzheimer’s treatment is more likely to be a more arduous and lengthy journey.
    But I have to point out one difference- EmtinB has potentially regenerative neurological properties. Other treatments are seeking simply to slow the neurodegenerative decline of patients.
    A) EmtinB may slow the decline of Alzheimer’s
    or
    B) EmtinB may partially reverse the decline of Alzheimer’s
    or
    C) EmtinB may not have any therapeutic properties

A) will likely take years to prove.
    B) can potentially be detected clinically in a short term study but would need several long term studies to provide further assessment.

A trademark of Alzheimer’s is impairment of short term memory. So much so that the elderly who have a mild cognitive impairment (MCI) can be tested for those being at greatest risk of developing Alzheimer’s (via a verbal or visual memory test).
    A simple way to test for B) might well be to administer a potentially therapeutic dosage of EmtinB to treatment group and a placebo to control group. And then conduct a series of short term memory tests (With testing Intervals of 1,3,6 and 12 months, 2 years, 3 years etc).
    If the results of the treatment group improve then B) may very well apply. (Identified as a very promising or indicative treatment but it will still take many years of follow up studies to prove)
    If over time the treatment group are statistically significantly better than the control group then A) may apply. (Note thus trial might take years before statistically significant results are observed)
    If no difference then C) may apply.

To summarise to prove either of A), B) or C) will take years.
    Except with B) you may well get a very desirable and potentially predictive result in a few months or a year.

The assumption for B) is that EmtinB is able to aid in the growth or regeneration of neural tissue. (Which seems to have been observed already in some NSB’s studies).

In the meantime I’ll be waiting for the glaucoma studies.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.