LNG 0.00% 4.3¢ liquefied natural gas limited

potential 15 bagger???, page-13

1. 568 Posts.
    I did some sleuthing on this too, and came to the conclusion that it was LNG they're talking about.

I enjoy reading the daily reckoning newsletter from a few of the contributors, but the tip sheet crowd here in Australia have sent their subscribers down multiple dead-ends. They are almost a contrarian indicator, and I guess the exclamation marks, breathless and bug-eyed with the news style is a warning. It's a formulated house style that has been transported here from the USA.

As an example of how poor their tips have been I have in my hand a diggers and drillers newsletter from Mar 2008, in which they have open positions with mostly buy, and a couple of hold, recommendations on the following stocks. Their 'entry prices' at which they initiated recommendations to subscribers are in brackets, then I've added yesterday's closes:

TAP ($1.76) 0.56
    WPL ($40) 33.05
    WOR ($44.84) 12.30
    BDG ($1.59) 0.12
    CTO ($0.41) 0.22
    OXR ($2.74) 0.55 - OZL)
    SBM ($0.65) 0.24
    BLY ($2.19) 0.22
    KZL ($7.69) 0.41
    MIN ($1.68) 2.00
    MMX ($5.52) 0.54
    NUF ($15.02) 9.65
    CEY ($2.91) 2.63

Their other publication, Aust Small Cap Investigator in July '07 was promoting Ceramic Fuels (CFU), Boom Logistics BOL), Dyesol (DYE), White Energy (WEC), and Mission Biofuels (MBT), from much higher prices than today; but they did have one winner (so far), which was Linc Energy (LNC). I'm quite worried about my holding in LNC as a result.
    Their style seemed to me to be - get in on the ground floor and wait for the inevitable explosion in price, so I doubt that they got their subscribers out of these.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.