EVS 1.85% 5.5¢ envirosuite limited

"The recent C note conversion to shares at $0.0337 cents I found...

1. 1,540 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    "The recent C note conversion to shares at $0.0337 cents I found disturbing due to the large discount to the share price. I could find not mention of the C note to share conversion value in the annual report I had assumed the conversion rate would have been based on the VWAP of the shares over say the previous 3 months."

They have never announced this. The original convertible note was pretty lenient on the company, but when they revised it the terms were a bit more eye-opening. I queried it then and was told the price (which equated to 53m shares from memory), but it has never appeared in the documentation, so I wondered if there were some constraints in the agreement, as that is definitely unusual, given the price has been fixed since issue.

Having said that, I would rather this agreement than the kind of vulture funding that other companies are exposed to - and given the relationship between the holder and his interest in the company, it may not have been undeserved in some respects.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EVS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.