SOL 0.45% $35.27 washington h soul pattinson & company limited

SOL have been pretty quiet so far since the crash and seem to...

1. 1,641 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 200
    SOL have been pretty quiet so far since the crash and seem to have actually been selling down a few of their smaller holdings which is a little bit surprising at this point in the market. Looking at their cash balance and the debt which they took on recently with the stated goal of "giving them more scope for acquisitions" they've got about 300 million in liquidity currently in addition to their listed portfolio which they often describe as an opportunity fund that they would happily liquidate if something came along. I think there is going to be plenty of opportunities for them to act as a source of liquidity and these situations are when companies like SOL and WES can really come into their own. My question is where do you think the best opportunities lie at the moment? Perhaps they could come in to a company a capital partner and take a large stake rather than the company having to do a capital raising? If I had to pick an industry I think it might be funds management which their very keen to expand. Would be interested to hear some thoughts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SOL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$35.27
Change
-0.160(0.45%)
Mkt cap ! $12.96B
Open High Low Value Volume
$35.40 $35.40 $35.04 $11.67M 331.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 138 $35.26

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$35.37 1409 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SOL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.