TER 2.44% 20.0¢ terracom limited

You can use the exact same words, but changing ALP to LNP as...

1. 671 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 142
    Personally i try to avoid political discussions, no one wins, no point talking to rusted on supporters of either side of the political spectrum. However..

Pretty short sighted comment, you defend LNP handling of the economy over the last few years because of the pandemic, which is totally understandable and I agree with you. However you totally ignore that ALP had to deal with the GFC, the biggest global financial crisis since the depression in 1930s, in your words is a 'labour mess' or you totally forgot about the GFC.

The irony is both parties did very similar things during their respective problems, but rusted on voters, on both sides, with their blinkers on, will happlly point their finger and put their heads up their own backsides. weird right? There was reckless spending and bad decisions during both crisis, but I guess when you have blinkers on, only one team did wrong, while the other team was controlled.

For the record, the government gross debt when Abbott government took power in Sep2013 was closer $260 Billion, not $500 million, with a debt ceiling of $300 billion (Abbott/Hockey totally removed the debt ceiling). Debt at 30 Jun 22, after ALP took office in May22, was around $895 billion.

At the end of the day, both parties economic management is very similar, what major/controversial economic policies have been repealed by an incoming government over the last 15 years? Mining tax and work choices are two that come to mind.

You can use the exact same words, but changing ALP to LNP as well. Most rusted on voters, on both sides, just never see it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TER (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.