QHL 0.00% 27.5¢ quickstep holdings limited

potential cornerston investor?, page-3

1. 1,227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 246
    Tricky,

Much as I respect your fine words of wisdom on HC, I think you'll find State One Stockbroking will raise the dough, and if I was a betting man, I would say Monday will reveal all.

If you check the Annual Report you will find they own 12m or so shares so are the second biggest holder after Decta, the inventor. The Chairman of State One was also at the AGM and looking quietly confident.

One thing though, is that they are not quite as quick at tidying up placements as some of those fine scrip shufflers on the East coast, but they'll get there.

So looking at your points, #1....I'm with you on that 100%, #2...don't know but suspect the QHL Board will be fighting from a strong possy, #3....ditto 100% with you there, #4....good idea, but suspect they would not take days, but weeks or months to get approval to do so, #5....see #4.

So, like your thoughts, really hope your right and happy to say...Tricky's the MAN.

One major thing you didn't mention which I think is very supportive is the order from Dept of Defence for JSF. Can you see Chairman Rudd, Greg Combet and Faulkener giving the green light on JSF without the workshare being good to go? I think not. These are staunch jobs for the boys people. You will remember Combet taking on Patrick Group in Bastard Boys on the ABC. This guys no idiot and is a Union man to the core. I would be saying, ensure we have billions of dollars of "off-set" work for the $300m we chucked in and then we'll give you orders for up to 100 of your jolly nice aeroplanes, me ol mucker.

And that, I suspect, is exactly what has transpired and you will see Govt ministers crowing about how damn clever they are, with Phillipe in the background saying, "c'est la vie, they stole my thunder!".

CD

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QHL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.