BRM 0.00% $2.53 brockman resources limited

Wouldn't you think its very hard (even for BHP & RIO) to counter...

1. 3,394 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 27
    Wouldn't you think its very hard (even for BHP & RIO) to counter everything that "China Inc" is taking over? That is assuming WNI and China Inc are the same boat.

There was articles before saying analysts think RIO should be buying to EXT to counter CGNPC's takeover of Kalahari Minerals plc (43% owner of EXT). In the end CGNPC backed out, RIO never intended to takeover EXT, as it has its hands full with the takeover of RIV.

Then when Minmetals (led by Andrew Michelmore) was taking over EQN, then analysts say BHP should buy EQN to consolidate their copper interests. But then Barrick Gold came in, the same analysts say Minmetals would counter-offer. But no counter offer came, as Andrew Michelmore said it was overvalued what Barrick Gold was paying and withdrew their offer. He made a special note: "Minmetals Resources is not China Inc.". The market punished Barrick Gold for its overvalued takeover of EQN, seeing its shares fall as a result. Again no BHP.

Again, I remember reading an article when WNI launched its takeover of BRM & FRS which was late last year, again analysts for some reason, suggested that FMG should takeover BRM as a counter. Again no counter from FMG. Instead FMG since had said it was focused on organic growth and expanding its own mining capacity.

Fast forward to now, WNI controls over 53% of BRM, saying BHP or RIO should come in to counter WNI's control of BRM is premature in my opinion.

Looking back in history, BHP's move on UMC was a pre-emptive attack on CRM, as CRM had not had its hands on UMC yet, was pending the placement of 12% to it. Also the fact that UMC was a spin-off of BHP assets, in BHP's eyes it did not want to see its own former assets go into the hands of China Inc. So it mopped up its former asset for a merely $204m, which was a low ball offer for a broke UMC (only having less than $9m cash in the kitty).

In BRM's situation, WNI already controls over 53% of BRM, so BHP (or RIO) coming in won't be a easy task for them, they will have to pay an really good premium to get BRM that satisfies WNI being the majority holder to control BRM. And really BHP/RIO does not need BRM, a move is only designed to fend off a supposed China Inc. company (in this case WNI). So why would BHP/RIO overpay for an asset they don't need?

Reading recent news, FMG, RIO, and BHP have all mentioned that they will be spending more money to expand their own operations to ramp up supply (not to takeover juniors).

What I really think its amateurist to claim to WNI should pay $10/15 cash per share "if they want my BRM shares" or "lets get BHP to takeover us" or so forth.

Are you really going to the office of Marius Kloppers and knock on his door and tell him your concerns?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.