IVZ 1.61% 6.3¢ invictus energy ltd

Potential for Mukuyu-1's Results to be Above Market Expectations, page-145

1. 77 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 384
    Cheers for this petere. With a lot of commentary around the delay in release of this information this is a good reminder that there are approximately only 9 samples that at best can be trimmed to 1” x 2” sample for porosity and permeability. While I don’t dismiss that the information is valuable, keep in mind these samples are such a tiny fraction of what is potentially a massive resource. For reference, Gorgon has hundreds of metres of conventional core acquired over multiple appraisal wells, that is then subsampled to many thousands of core samples (that are far higher quality having been extracted while in a lab).

My suspicion is that the overbalance that these samples endured (as evidenced by the mudcake shown in a previous release) has resulted in whole mud invasion (ie not just mud filtrate as designed, but also the solids used for adding weight to the mud), which is almost impossible to clean out thoroughly. This would compromise the measurement such that any porosity / permeability would not be representative of the 2 cubic inch sample, let alone the many cubic kilometres of potential reservoir.

TLDR: Keen to see the core results, but they are far from representative of the entire subsurface resource.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
6.3¢
Change
0.001(1.61%)
Mkt cap ! $89.32M
Open High Low Value Volume
6.2¢ 6.4¢ 6.0¢ $308.9K 5.008M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 160000 6.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.3¢ 147648 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IVZ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.