IVZ 4.23% 7.4¢ invictus energy ltd

Potential for Mukuyu-1's Results to be Above Market Expectations, page-29

1. 1,604 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 655
    In my example above, I assumed a gas gradient of 0.1 psi/ft which is what drillers use. It will likely be higher, which will actually increase the gross hydrocarbon column some. I also used 0.433 psi/ft for a normal water gradient, which is fresh water, and probably should have used 0.456 psi/ft for typical formation brine. (However, this won't make much difference)

Firstly, I established the normal water gradient, being it is 0 psia at surface and formation pressure increases at a gradient of 0.433 psi/ft for a normal gradient.

Scott mentioned that the reservoir pressure was ~200psi above this gradient at the top of the Pebbly Arkose. So I have an estimate of pressure at that depth. He mentioned 2473m as the depth, which would have been measured depth. I made a guess of 2200mTVD for this point. Then using a gas gradient of 0.1 psi/ft I extrapolated down until the two lines intersected to estimate the gas-water contact, and thus a gross hydrocarbon column.

This is standard procedure.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5388/5388934-53f76fd060fabf83714b39985ab0693f.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.