ZIP 1.45% $1.70 zip co limited..

I'm not catastrophist, and frankly starting to get bored of some...

1. 1,886 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2456
    I'm not catastrophist, and frankly starting to get bored of some of the outlandish claims that are being made - especially when they are substantiated by nothing but opinion, but, there is an interesting storey in The Australian today about BNPL and the risk of bad debt. I alluded to this in an earlier post on this thread. Whilst the headline figure of bad debt looks small, if that figure is a factor of transaction volume then there is potential for big strife.

Extrapolating the data from The Australian article, bad debt increased in the early 90's recession by 2.53. 2.53 x 1.79% = 4.53%, this would equate to $18,255,900.00 in bad debt against $403m of transaction volume which generated a revenue of $30m. So it doesn't wipe out the revenue, but it's putting a major dent in it.

Admittedly, I'm not looking at the full year revenue, just at the last two months that were reported, but it is worth keeping a very close eye on that figure.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2063/2063733-4c4d5c9e36fb392f92ac0d988a65a890.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZIP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.