SMC 0.00% 49.0¢ strategic minerals corporation nl

potential limited by barrick, page-5

1. 1,978 Posts.
    re: for acturtle -potential not limited by barrick ACT,

I have answered the question you have posed many times but basically here is the gist of the matter. You are correct SMC have been plugging away for about 20 years or more at Woolgar -but most previous work proved up low grade resources in basement rock geology different to the Sandy Ck epithermal area. In fact if you look at the SMC web site and go to the Local Setting you will see there is about 6,500,000 tonnes roughly of ore that has been proven around 1.16 to 2.96g/t. The 80,000 ozs I mentioned is mainly high grade epithermal at Explorer etc etc. Now I have seen a drill intersection on Explorer done by Billiton back in the 80's which looked good but was never followed up --- why I don't know. So SMC move camp and drill that area several years ago and bingo you have the new Woolgar story -so let's forget what transpired over the previous 20 years -or even the past 100 years as quite frankly I do not understand at times how the oldtimers missed this bonanza stuff often grading many ozs per tonne on the surface. I visited our adjoining EPM recently and despite the fact you have the Woolgar River transecting all the SMC ground and our ground apparently it runs dry and water is a big problem for most of the year -and little subsurface water- hence one explanation for the lack of enthusiasm by the old timers.

Now people have been getting gold nuggets all over the Woolgar area for years -and still are -and I am amazed at the distribution of gold in a wide variety of host rocks. Even now geologists still have not worked out what is happening at Woolgar -there are some unusual magnetic signatures and the gold is not in the places it should be -----

Plus remember this is Qld not WA. We have some 15-20 old mines on our area in big mesothermal shear zones and there is no evidence of geochem, costeaning or drilling -so what have previous explorers been doing in the 80's and 90's -twiddling their thumbs -certainly not exploration as we know it in WA. And remember oldtimers did not have metal detectors -which were toys years ago but now are valuable instruments that can put you onto a vein system you may not detect otherwise- and the old timers were not able to detect very fine gold by dollying. And a lot of the ore was/is sulphidic. Hope this answers a few of your questions. Rest assured it is a new ball game now and Barrick will I presume sort out the geological puzzle.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMC (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.