GXY 0.00% $5.28 galaxy resources limited

potential lithium technology disruption

1. 24 Posts.
    Hello all,

Your friendly neighbour from the great white north up here and Canada. I just want to say an appreciative thank you for those on these boards who have supplied a plethora of great, detailed information. I have learned a lot about Lithium since becoming a galaxy holder, on no small part to many of your contributions.

I am writing today in regards to some developments in my own backyard in regards to lithium extraction. If you have not heard of "petrolithium" yet, I am sure you will soon. A company I have been following and own shares in, MGX Minerals, have recently claimed they can extract lithium from oil and gas brine, and instead of the usually 18 month evaporation, they have it down to 1 day. http://www.*.com/companies/news/171...ithium-from-heavy-oil-waste-water-171108.html

I invested across the pond in Galaxy because at the time they were well on track of becoming an actual supplier (and with the exception of those damn shorters, I have been rewarded nicely for that vision), however, this potential market disruptor seems to have far reaching consequences. The deep pockets of oil and gas (whom MGX has started forming early partnerships with), and just a couple of those companies actually envisioning themselves existing 100 years from now as "energy" companies, could potentially spell trouble for the more traditional hard rock and brine reserves.

So I come to this board, looking for opinions and thoughts. Fire away, and thanks in advance for all the coming information, it is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
    Your Canadian neighbour

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.