LOM 0.00% 6.7¢ lucapa diamond company limited

Potential May news and opinions, page-8

1. 308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    "Excess capacity is far better than "driving" machinery both fixed and mobile into the ground"

Too right Insiderunner... big numbers doesn't always equate to big profits. My experience is in crushing/screening /asphalt plant operations, and we used to get pushed to our limits by the trading department to crank the volume to 11 (much to the frustration of the fitters). Finding the balance between sales/production always tricky and takes good management on both sides of the argument.. I believe we have enough experience within our BOD to maintain the status-quo.

There was a relatively close supply of motors, belts, bearings etc to our sites (50km max) ... Not so easy at Lulo, probably have to order parts from Luanda (if not further afield). Remember the breakdown at Lulo that we only found-out about in an announcement . Our mobile plant is relatively new so I'd be surprised if we have too many issues with that, but another major b/d on our DMS could cost us dearly in time and throughput, especially now the ground conditions are improving.

Incidentally, does anyone know if our original 15t/p/hr DMS is still operating? Can't remember reading about it in recent announcements.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.