OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

potential of big c

1. 276 Posts.
    NCM’s Golpu Porphyry deposit in PNG could be a good guide to the potential of Big C. As an overview, the key metrics of Golpu are:

• Golpu is a Porphyry Copper gold resource off about 1 Bt @ 0.9%Cu and 0.63 g/T Au (0.2% Cu cut-off). So a slightly larger resource at similar grades to Big C.
    • The top of the ore body is around 400m below the surface.
    • A PFS recommends a block cave mine, with two, possibly three lifts and a 15Mtpa plant that would expand to 25 Mtpa after year 5. Average production would be 250Kt of Cu and 400Koz of AU.
    • Mine life of 32years with potential extensions.
    • CAPEX is 4.8bn to first production and 9.8bn over the life of the project.
    • Operating costs are $22.6/t or –ve $1,900 oz. Not sure what this equates to in cost per pound of Cu but it would be low. Break even at $22t would be ore mined at 0.3% Cu.
    • First production expected in 2019.

I would speculate that CAPEX and OPEX would be lower in SA due to existing infrastructure and resource availability.

While it is early days, Big C indications are that Big C could be a Tier 1 resource, especially if further resource extentions and regional discoveries are made.

The CAPEX might stretch OZL’s funding capacity.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.