BPG 0.00% 0.9¢ byte power group limited

potential of wine

1. 97 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I know the growth in revenue in the IT area of BPG is exciting, but what does everyone think of the potential of wine?

I've read a few people writing it off as not worthy, but I heard a story from a family friend today as he took me to lunch at a winery via his helicopter. This family friend owns a supply part distribution business in Malaysia (supplies car parts to Proton, a huge Malaysian car manufacturer)

----------------------

Said he made friends with a guy who moved to Adelaide from Harbin, China (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harbin) in 2007.

The guy worked in real estate valuation, but when he moved to Adelaide in early 2007 he was amazed at how cheap Australian wine was compared to wine in China.

So apparently in late 2007 he decided to dive into wine production with the sole purpose of exporting it all back to Harbin, China and did so by purchasing a few vineyards at the height of the GFC when everything was going crap.

In early 2008 he was exporting a few crates back every now and then. In late 2009 he exported one large container back of wine back every month.

Family friend said last time he spoke to him in the early months of 2013, the guy was exporting 20 containers of wine every month to Harbin, China. TWENTY. Wonder how much money he makes a month from doing that. One can only imagine.

--------------------------------

Like a couple of posts I've read, I was initially skeptical of the potential that wine had. Didn't really know much about it. Hearing that story was quite insightful and it made me think of BPG's investment into wine exporting.

Sure, it might take a while, but really, if you're in this for the long haul, it could yield serious serious x% amount of return in a couple/few years.

I only got my 0.03 order completely filled on Friday (and probably cause of people selling due to dilution from new share issue - maybe anyway)

Whatever it is though, the point of this is to just put it out there that wine exporting is not the worst business to be in at all and if BPG can secure both important contacts and contracts, especially in China imo, I think it can really take off and contribute to BPG's revenue and self-sufficiency.

It might take a while to get there, but if it does...man!

IT will probably still dominate BPG's revenue for the next half year or so, but if BPG pursues growth in wine with the new capital, it makes me excited at the future prospects.

Long term buy I feel.

Hope I didn't waste your time and this was worth reading!

:)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.