TTY 0.00% 49.5¢ territory resources limited

I've tended to keep away from posting, as the amount of dribble...

1. 159 Posts.
    I've tended to keep away from posting, as the amount of dribble in recent months has not been worth getting into, and has dragged some normally good posters into it (Rimtalay, TFE Man, Guyvol). However, hopefully now that the company is changing direction, we may revert to quality.

Anyhow, enough of my rant - onto potential scenarios (I think another poster briefly touched upon the idea - nice thinking on their part; now I'll flesh it out). In my opinion, one of two outcomes is likely from the trading halt - both resulting in a divestiture of the MON holding:

- MK agrees a share swap, taking the MON shares in return for at least part of his TTY holding. You would hope he'd further take on the loans as well, thereby allowing TTY to totally extricate itself. In effect, TTY has therefore carried out a share buyback, thereby reducing capital on issue. This should, all other things being equal, push the share price up.
    - MK offers cash for the MON holding, with or without a further offer for the loans (ideally will take the loans as well). TTY's cash position improves, as does the share price (ideally).

MK may come in with a lowball offer for the shares/loans - why pay more than you have to? What the board will need to consider is whether it is worth it in light of the fact that the MON shares may fall further, and the loans have the possibility of default if MON doesn't get back on it's feet. Personally, I'd be happy to take a bit of a haircut to get out; remove all risk as a result.

Any thoughts?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TTY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.