AVH 0.38% $2.64 avita medical inc.

"Posters should also accept AVH is till a start - up medical...

1. 5,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5154
    "Posters should also accept AVH is till a start - up medical technology company and it's going to be a little while yet before it rewards shareholders with significant share market appreciation"

"I have held this stock for nearly 20 years"

Sorry for my bluntness, but I am incredulous at the logical fallacy evident in these sentences. I cannot even applaud your patience - this to me is the epitome of when being "patient" goes badly wrong. If your average buy in price is $2.00 (assuming you have taken no profits, which may be incorrect) after nearly 20 years your capital gain is just 68.5% as of last night's close. You would have been far better off putting that money into an ETF across that 20 year period. In fact, without running the numbers, I would hazard a guess that a savings account would have outperformed that capital gain (or come close to it), even against inflation, and with zero risk of owning a business.

As for the rest of this thread, the bulls like our friend DrS are posting utter fantasy now. In the same post where he admits his $10 by Christmas call was a total flop, he essentially alleges the SP deteriorating is "manipulation" because of "paid downrampers" and/or someone wants to acquire the company on the cheap. It is dreadful posts like this that motivate me to stick around these threads and offer a rational counter view, although surely by now people can spot the pumpers for what they are. PS: the bit about "paid downrampers" is utter fallacy; if you look at the history of people who post here regularly, like @whytee, @Sojourner or myself, none of us are "new accounts" as the Dr alleges. Some people simply have the time, intellect, and inclination to share their views - after all, this is a stock forum - both sides of a discussion should be aired. Imagine the state these threads would be in if nobody ever provided a counter view to the stuff that DrS and Patience peddle on a monthly basis.

Aside from $10 by Xmas, the other classic example is the "big end of town" thread. It's rubbish, as the data proves: https://hotcopper.com.au/posts/58322473/single

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVH (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.